Conditions of publication
International Journal of Bipolar Disorders welcomes well-described reports of cases that include the following:
- Unreported or unusual side effects or adverse interactions involving medications
- Unexpected or unusual presentations of a disease
- New associations or variations in disease processes
- Presentations, diagnoses and/or management of new and emerging diseases
- An unexpected association between diseases or symptoms
- An unexpected event in the course of observing or treating a patient
- Findings that shed new light on the possible pathogenesis of a disease or an adverse effect
Case reports submitted to International Journal of Bipolar Disorders should make a contribution to medical knowledge and must have educational value or highlight the need for a change in clinical practice or diagnostic/prognostic approaches. The journal will not consider case reports describing preventive or therapeutic interventions, as these generally require stronger evidence.
Authors are encouraged to describe how the case report is rare or unusual as well as its educational and/or scientific merits in the covering letter that accompanies the submission of the manuscript.
For case reports, International Journal of Bipolar Disorders requires authors to follow the CARE guidelines. The CARE checklist should be provided as an additional files. Submissions received without these elements will be returned to the authors as incomplete.
International Journal of Bipolar Disorders strongly encourages that all datasets on which the conclusions of the paper rely should be available to readers. We encourage authors to ensure that their datasets are either deposited in publicly available repositories (where available and appropriate) or presented in the main manuscript or additional supporting files whenever possible. Please see Springer Nature’s information on recommended repositories.
Agree to conditions of submission, SpringerOpen’s copyright and license agreement and article-processing charge (APC)
Copyright and license agreement
During submission, you will need to accept and confirm the following conditions:
- All authors of the manuscript have read and agreed to its content and are accountable for all aspects of the accuracy and integrity of the manuscript in accordance with ICMJE criteria
- That the article is original, has not already been published in a journal, and is not currently under consideration by another journal
- That you agree to the terms of the SpringerOpen Copyright and License Agreement, which we strongly recommend you read and, where applicable, Open Data policy. For authors who are prevented from being the copyright holder (for instance where Crown Copyright applies or researchers are US government employees), SpringerOpen can accommodate non-standard copyright lines. If this applies to you, please contact us and provide details of your situation.
For more information see our Copyright and license policy.
An article-processing charge (APC) applies for each article accepted for publication in International Journal of Bipolar Disorders . For further details please see our article-processing-charge page.
2016 Journal Metrics
23 days from submission to first decision
15 days from acceptance to publication
1549.5 Usage Factor
Social Media Impact
- ISSN: 2194-7511